Greeley Independence Stampede Scholarships
The Greeley Stampede Foundation is now accepting applications from graduating Weld County High School seniors. Online applications are due by midnight on February 28, 2023. Weld County High School seniors who meet general qualification and are scheduled to graduate in the spring are encouraged to apply. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on their outstanding academic results, leadership in the community, involvement with the Greeley Stampede, and plans to further their education. Recipients of the scholarship may use the scholarship at any accredited trade school, college or university. For more information and the application go to Greeley Stampede.
Weld County Goat Extravaganza Scholarship
The Weld County Goat Extravaganza will be offering one $500.00 scholarship to graduating high school seniors or undergraduates furthering their education at a college, university, or trade school in the 2023 - 2024 academic year.
These are the qualifications to be eligible to apply for a scholarship:
- Current or past member of a 4-H or FFA program.
- At some point in your 4-H or FFA career, you have show at the Weld County Goat Extravaganza.
- Have not previously received a Weld County Goat Extravaganza scholarship.
Applications open on December 21, 2022 and close on March 1, 2023. There is an online only application at Weld County Goat Extravaganza Scholarship Application.
Colorado 4-H Scholarships
The 2023 Colorado 4-H Scholarship application form is available on the Colorado 4-H website. Applications Deadline is March 1, 2023.
2023 Scholarship Application Procedure:
- All application materials will be submitted using the electronic universal application form.
- No letters of reference, transcripts or signature pages are required. Students will supply the names of three people we may contact for references. Needed transcripts will be requested directly from the High Schools.
- All applications will be evaluated for the Holthaus, Murdoch’s and Smith scholarships.
- Fill out and submit only one electronic 4-H scholarship application form.
- Review the requirements for the CADA, Kimberling, Portouw and Sandstead scholarships. If you meet the requirements, highlight the boxes on the electronic application form.
Visit Colorado 4-H website for scholarship details.
All required materials are due no later than March 1, 2023.
2023 Stalwart Agfinity Scholarship Program
Lifelong Learning is a core value of the Agfinity Cooperative, which is why the Stalwart Agfinity Scholarship program was established. This year we will be awarding $85,000 to the Stalwart Agfinity Scholarships. Please see below to learn more about this year's eligibility, application, and important dates.
Eligibility & Prerequisites
Applicants must meet the following prerequisites:
- Applicants must be attending or plan to attend an accredited four-year college, two-year technical school, or community college.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent during their previous educational year.
- Applicants must be connected to the Agfinity Cooperative or pursuing a degree connected to Agriculture.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must submit the two-part Stalwart Agfinity Scholarship application by Friday, March 10, 2023, by 11:59 PM MST.
- This includes an essay answering the following prompt, "Tell us about yourself and your career goals".
- This also includes a YouTube video link to their Stalwart Agfinity Scholarship video of a 1-minute minimum and 2-minute maximum answering the following prompt, "How has Agriculture impacted your passion to pursue higher education and how will you continue to be an Ag Advocate throughout your career?".
- If selected as a Stalwart Agfinity Scholarship recipient, students must send two photo updates demonstrating how their year of school is going and what they have learned so far.
Applications will be available beginning February 1, 2023. Completed applications are due Friday , March 10, 2023, by 11:59 PM MST. The online application can be found at Agfinity. Scholarship recipients will be notified via email by Friday, April 7, 2023. If selected as a recipient, a special awards dinner will be Friday, April 28, 2023 - additional details will be shared in the future.
If you have questions regarding the scholarship program and requirements, please give us a call at (970) 454-4000 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Colorado Meat Goat Breeders Scholarship
The Northern Colorado Meat Goat Breeders Inc. (NCMGB), also formerly known as the Weld County Meat Goat Breeders, will be awarding one or more $500 scholarships, depending on availability of funds. These scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors or undergraduates furthering their education at a college, university, or trade school in the 2023-2024 academic year. These are the qualifications to be eligible to apply:
- Current or past member of a Weld County or Larimer County 4-H or FFA program.
- At some point in your 4-H or FFA career, prior to November 14, 2021, you purchased a market or breeding goat from a NCMGB member, and received a copy of our organization's "Market Goat Application" form, bill of sale, or proof of transfer, signifying your purchase from a member of our organization. You are also eligible if you raised the animal yourselves as a NCMGB member.
- Have not previously received a scholarship from our organization.
The application postmark deadline is March 31, 2023. Please send an email to email@example.com to request an application form and further information.
Jonathan Marr 4-H Memorial Scholarship
One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded annually to a 4-H Member who has been enrolled in Shooting Sports for a minimum of four years.
This scholarship is intended to assist individuals entering a post-secondary vocational or technical field, such as welding, carpentry, mechanics, etc.
Applicants will need to submit three letters of recommendation. One from their Extension 4-H Agent, one from their County 4-H Shooting Sports Coordinator or Coach and one from a non-relative adult. Each applicant will also need to provide an essay on what they have done in 4-H, why they are applying and what they plan to do in the future.
Don and Margaret Marr will select a committee to determine the recipient. Please send all required materials listed above to Margaret Marr at 7108 Highway 34, Yuma, CO, 80759. Applications are due by April 1, 2023.
West Greeley Conservation District Scholarship
West Greeley Conservation District (WGCD) would be honored to assist graduating high school students who are interested in furthering their education focused on Conservation, Agriculture, Environmental Sciences and related careers with our 2023-2024 Scholarship.
Students who have earned a 3.0 GPA (or better), and are looking to continue their education at a Colorado college or university, may apply if their family pays the WGCD mil levy tax. To confirm eligibility - go to the Weld County Assessor's and enter your home address. If it lists WGCD in your Taxing Districts tab, your student may apply.
Everything can be down-loaded and submitted online at West Greeley Conservation District. The deadline for all submissions and letters of recommendation must be at WGCD, electronically. Some items can be dropped-off or mailed to our office: 4302 W. 9th St. Rd., Greeley 80634 by Monday, April 3rd before 4:00 p.m. when our doors lock. If you have questions, please contact Taylor Webb at (970) 356-8097.
Livestock Exchange LLC Scholarship
The Livestock Exchange LLC Scholarship is for graduating High School Seniors or Home School Seniors or a Second Chance Adult with a GED wanting to further their education in the related Ag fields. Total award of $2,500.00 to be divided between the total number of semesters needed to complete the program. Ag related fields may include: all areas of Livestock Animals, Agronomy, Horticulture, Nutrition of Animals, Vet/Vet Tech, Ag Mechanics, Welding, Ag Business. For more information and a scholarship application please go to Livestock Exchange.
Deadline for application is April 5, 2023.
Colorado Association of Fairs and Shows Scholarship
The Weld County Fair is a member of Colorado Association of Fairs and Shows (CAFS). CAFS offers a scholarship every year for only high school seniors or a graduate with a minimum of a “B” average in both their Junior or Senior year. This scholarship can be used at any creditable post- secondary school. CAFS has not published the application or deadline yet, but it will be located at, Colorado Association of Fairs and Shows.